Sunday, July 13, 2008

Think Pink!

One of the guys that I graduated with from high school married a lovely young woman who had to battle breast cancer at a very young age. She also had multiple family members who had been stricken with breast cancer. She fought it and won, and then decided to start a non-profit foundation with one of her nurses to help patients and families who live in her county who are battling breast cancer. She told me that many times, the money raised in events for breast cancer does not go directly to the patients or families in need. With her organization, she has already helped over 20 families who live in her county. I just found out this wonderful news after running into her and her husband at a 4th of July parade.

Because I lost my own mother to breast cancer, and because I once lived in the community she is trying to help, she will be receiving this card along with a donation from my husband and I. Way to go Tori! We're so proud of you!!

Stamps: My Favorite Things, "Think Pink."

1 comment:

Lorayne said...

My name is Lorayne; I married David C from your hometown and also know your Dad. I remember you and your brother when you were very little. I also remember your courageous mother and her battle against cancer.
I have been following your blog--I am a wanna be stamper and scrapper—but I am getting there.

I wanted to direct you to a web site that might be of interest to you. One of our ER docs is doing a bike fundraiser--go to this web
http://www.bikeridearoundamerica.org/blog/

I also noticed you husband was in Anchorage to check out the oil fields. What did he think?
LE